- Who are you and what is the name of your blog?…..My name is Karin and I am a writer at my blog Calm to Conniption. I chat about all things parenting and the life that comes along with it when we try to not just be Mum. I am a FIFO wife with two small kids (one in each flavor) who loves to laugh, doesn’t take life too seriously and can’t help fishing out the credit card for cool cushions, table lamps and linen.
- How long have you been blogging?…..Calm to Conniption was birthed around September in 2013. Prior to that I had a few other blogs that I shut down (hopefully), which I was a bit sporadic on.
- What made you start your blog?….I was looking for something for me outside of thinking what to make for dinner and how long until nap time. I wanted to create something that could develop with unlimited potential that was completely up to me to make of it what I will. I wanted to connect with other like minded people and hope to give other parents a bit of light relief with relatable moments, how to’s and sharing things I love.
- What do you love most about it?….I think mostly I love having a little online space and a creative element for myself. The community I have joined has been brilliant and an unexpected element to the blogosphere.
- Any favourite online shops?….Oh my gosh!! I am a bit of an online shop whore and spread myself around. I do love Down That Little Lane, Hard to Find, and of course the rabbit hole that is the wonderful Etsy!!
- What is your one guilty pleasure?….I love good wine and have become a bit of a snob these days. Life is to short for shit wine. Of course with wine must come a nice soft cheese and fancy cracker.
- The kids are in bed, the washing is done… What do you do now?….You would probably find me in my office working on Calm to Conniption or if there is something good on TV I will have my Mac on my lap on the lounge while I watch combined with reading some awesome content from my Bloglovin’ feed.
- What is the one thing you cannot go one day without?…..A cup of tea. A good cup of tea is like a refined kick up the ass, Downton Abbey style. Tea cures so many ailments; laziness, sleepiness, headaches and noisy children!
- Do you have a favourite person you follow on Instagram?...I love checking out @summer_murdock for her beautiful family pics, @lisamessenger for her inspiration and cool shares, @childrenofthetribe for their awesome kid-wares, @designlovefest for beautiful places and things, @_carlybrownphotography_ for amazing Summery photography, @dr_sash for more bright, clever photography, gosh, so many favourite people but not just one person. Will stop now as I could be listing forever.
10. Who inspires you?…..The many women in places I aim for in this blogging business inspire me. They may or may not be at the top of their game but they are successful in life (or doing a damn fine job of faking it) and juggle family and a career that they have made for themselves.
Layne Beachley also inspires me for damning the man and taking on the surfing empire. Also she is a down to earth chick who makes the effort to encourage and support other women not just in surfing.
Lena Dunham for breaking the mold and never being afraid or ashamed to just be herself. Also for her amazing intelligence and creativity. I wish for just a scrap of her writing capability!