1. Who are you and what is it that you do?….I am Emma Neil, owner and creator of MeManagement.
MeManagement is an online business providing simple stationery tools; a range designed to make mental health and happiness a priority. The stationery will help you across key areas of everyday life that can affect your emotional well-being. Awareness of how goals, planning, food, sleep, exercise and emotional management can lead to you feeling happier. They are more than happiness or depression tools – it’s a lifestyle change.
Self-care is often low on the priority list for busy mums. Our stationery helps to bring a new sense of control over creating a life you love.
The website is also loaded with feel-good ideas and tips. Lots of inspiration to keep your mojo strong and your smile bright.
2. How long have you had your business?.…MeManagement turned one on the 31st October this year. We launched our Blog-Discovering My Time about two months ago.
3. What got you started? ….A number of years ago I was diagnosed with depression. After a huge denial and resistance phase, I made a solid decision to actively change my life for a happier outcome. With acceptance and decision made, my research began. I sought professional help and information from any and every source. The journey back from such a low place was the hardest I have ever undertaken. There was bad days, terrible days, and refusal to get out of bed days – then there was the occasional ok day, a better day and then good days started to roll.
It was during these days that I developed stationery based tools that I could use to help monitor and motivate me to find feel-good activities and lifestyle.
I have never returned to those days of depression, though some days require a little more work than others. I know that I have to manage my own happiness each and every day. But it’s not just for me; it’s for those awesome people that are in my life like my son and husband.
As I listened to the women in my circles, I noticed how many of them were unhappy or even suffering from depression. Many feeling just like I did a few years ago. I realised that my experience was not uncommon and that there are lots of people just like me. This was my motivation to create MeManagement. It is because of my own experiences, and those close to me, that I feel I can share some of the tools that I came up with. The tools I have created are simple but will help motivate others to dedicate time each day to doing things that make them feel great. I use them now, not because I am feeling low, but because they make me feel so good.
4. What was your last big purchase?...A green Mimco tote I lurvvvvve!
5. When the kids are in bed and the washing is all sorted… What do you do?
Option A – Yoga session and a bit of blog writing.
Option B – Glass of wine and some serious TV watching.
Option C – Bed with a Book and Cup of tea.
Option D – Hours on Pinterest under the guise of research.
6. Are you a heels or flats kind of girl? …..Both. Flats are practical but a pair of killer heels can give you a new attitude.
7. Any favourite online shops? …Hardtofind.com and Surfstich.com would be the favourites though I do most of my big brand shopping online these days to avoid the shops. I also grocery shop online which has been a huge time and budget saver.
8. Are you addicted to Pinterest?….Serial Pinning problem here.
9. What is your biggest seller?…..Normally our Weekly Planner. Magnetised for the fridge where the whole family will know it’s your MY TIME. Coming up to Christmas our Gift Packs are starting to get very popular.
10. Any advice for other mums who might be stuck in a rut?….Make a plan – you need to be in control of your happiness. Schedule time for yourself and the things you love. Become your own Actionable Happiness Advocate.